Thursday, October 10, 2013

Why the U.S. Won't Default

Like many people, I wonder whether I should cash out my mutual funds and other investments this week before the U.S. defaults on its debt on October 17 and the markets tank.

In my opinion, John Boehner is the one person that can determine whether that cataclysmic event can be avoided.  That's beacuse he can hold an up-and-down vote if he wants in the House which, at this point, would pass a bill to raise the debt ceiling, according to media reports.

So I do a little research on who this man really is.  I discover, among other things, that he's interested in padding his own pockets and watching his own investments.  I conclude that he will blink in this game of "chicken" and avoid a default.

And lo and behold, today, October 10, Boehner extends an olive branch.

It may be a bumpy ride, still, to October 17, but I think I'll leave my money invested.

Hang on!

No comments:

Post a Comment